A tasty cabbage, onion, and red, yellow and green pepper slaw from a magazine clipping. Make-ahead; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Keeps well in the refrigerator. Great for picnics and pot lucks. Use a mandolin to thinly slice vegetables or use the fine slice blade of a food processor. I usually add a couple teaspoons of sugar to the dressing mixture but that is just personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cabbage, green, shredded (or use Napa cabbage)
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, red onion, and red, yellow and green peppers.
- 2Add vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Toss to coat.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pepper Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar