Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Sweet Pepper Relish
- 12 sweet green peppers, seeds removed
- 12 sweet red peppers, seeds removed
- 12 medium onions, peeled
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- Cut peppers into strips.
- Quarter the onions.
- Put vegetables through the coarse blade of a food grinder or chop in a food processor.
- Put vegetables into a heavy kettle and pour boiling water over them to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and pickling salt to the vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into clean jars while hot and seal.
This is the second year I have made this recipe and never rated it! I have made adjustments. I halfed the recipe as it makes A LOT! More than we (a family of 7) can eat in a year. I use whatever peppers I have regardless of colour and usually use about 5 or 6 small onions. Otherwise the taste is very good my family likes it and its very simple.