Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came from Rachael Ray's show.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked to package directions
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 sweet bell peppers, seeded and cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 inch minced gingerroot
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce, eyeball the amount
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat in nonstick skillet and add chicken seasoned with a little salt and lots of black pepper. Stir-fry chicken until browned and remove to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and allow to heat until it ripples and begins to smoke. Then add peppers, onions or shallot and stir fry 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and 5 spice powder and season vegetables with a little more black pepper. Add sherry and shake pan for 30 seconds, then add honey or agave, Tamari and stock. Stir corn starch into a little water to dissolve, then add to sauce and thicken 1 minute. Slide chicken back in heat through a minute more.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with chives.