1/2 Photos of Sweet Pepper Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
a very tasty chicken recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 1In a large skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil, and place in a buttered 10x14 inch baking dish.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar, brown sugar, and bouillon granules and mix well.
- 3Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- 4To the cornstarch mixture in the saucepan, add pineapple juice, orange juice, vinegar, ketchup, soysauce, giger, and pepper, and mix well.
- 5On high heat, cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, and pour over chicken breasts.
- 6Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven, and add pineapple chunks,and julienned bell peppers and bake another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 595.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 58.5 g
- Protein 29.0 g