a very tasty chicken recipe.
Make and share this Sweet Pepper Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- In a large skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil, and place in a buttered 10x14 inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar, brown sugar, and bouillon granules and mix well.
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
- To the cornstarch mixture in the saucepan, add pineapple juice, orange juice, vinegar, ketchup, soysauce, giger, and pepper, and mix well.
- On high heat, cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, and pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and add pineapple chunks,and julienned bell peppers and bake another 15 minutes.