Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A few of my favorites, all tossed together!
- 8 slices bacon, fried,drained and crumbled or 8 slices hormel real bacon bits
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb surimi, flaked
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Combine peas, bacon, mayonnaise, and onion powder together in a medium bowl.
- Fold in the flaked krab and chopped eggs.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Oh my goodness...I can't believe such a simple little recipe tastes so delicious! Much as I get irritated with reviewers who say "this was a fantastic recipe" and then change virtually every ingredient given, I must say that I didn't have any frozen peas, so I substituted the edamame in my fridge. Also chopped up a small onion that was going funky in my cupboard anyway as opposed to adding onion powder. This was just terrific! Thank you.
Mercy, this was wonderful! Very easy to prepare too. Next time will add diced sweet onion or maybe green onions. The celery would be good too, as ms_bold suggests. Thanks for posting!
Loved this. I enjoy the sweetness of surimi and the peas only add to it. The eggs work well with the mayo to bind all the ingredients together. Cutting the bacon back to 2 slices still seemed to be plenty. I didn't find it necessary to add any other seasonings or ingredients. Terrific little salad, Mercy.