Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple and tasty side dish. Cooking times are approximate.
Make and share this Sweet Peas and Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sweet peas
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 lbs spinach, fresh, stems removed
- 3 teaspoons butter
- to taste salt and pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add scallions and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the remainder of oil and 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Add the peas and continue cooking for a few minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add spinach and cook until it is wilted.
- Add rest of butter and season to taste.
EXCELLENT! I made these to go with some fish I was having and it went great! I loved the addition of the wine. I made as written and was really pleased with the results. One I will be making many times in the future! Made for Newest Zaar Stars Tag Game. Linda