Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is so simply and so yummy! I make it to go with traditional family dinners and my kids and dh love it. My kids pick out the onions and mushrooms (hey you can't win them all, right?), but like the flavor of the sweet peas. This is originally from a Taste of Home yearbook.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in sugar, salt, pepper and peas.
- Cover and cook until heated through.
I could not believe how good this recipe is! It's so good and easy to make!
yum-ditty-dum-dum. I could eat the whole thing myself. It's the only way to serve peas! Wouldn't change a thing.
Awesome, I used to peas & mushrooms in foil in bbq, but on rainy days these turner out perfect. Thank you so much for this recipe Angie.