Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 freshly-squeezed lemon
- 2 cups frozen sweet peas
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a pot heat olive oil and add the carrots.
- Saute carrots for about 6 min on a med-high heat.
- Then add the onions and saute until the onions are slightly soft.
- In sequence add in the remaining ingrediants to the pot and bring to a boil, then lower to a low heat and simmer until carrots are tender.
- Sever with a side of pasta or over rice.
I used sieved tomatoes and did not add any extra salt. I used about the same amount of carrots as peas. I liked it both with brown basmati rice and wholewheat pasta.
I enjoyed this. I did not have 2 cups of peas (must shop more??) so I used a can of mixed beans along with the carrots. Turned out just fine. Excellent over rice. May try it on pasta soon as i have "planed overs!!"
This was a great side for rotis (Indian bread). I didn't have tomato sauce, so I used 5 tablespoons of tomato paste with 3/4 cup water (for 2 servings). I also omitted the dill weed which I didn't have, and added some dried oregano and basil for flavour. Thanks, I will definitely make this again!