Recipe by Debbwl
I picked this up at the store the other day. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar, if you like.
- 8 large dried corn husks
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups masa harina flour, for tamales
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pear nectar
- 2 pears, ripe but firm, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn husks in a large bowl of hot water. Place a plate on top to keep them submerged; let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Beat all ingredients EXCEPT pear nectar and pears in a large mixing bowl. Slowly beat in the pear nectar, adding enough to make a fluffy dough; stir in diced pears.
- Drain husks and pat dry. Spread equal amounts of masa mixture down the center of each. Fold in sides, then the pointed end of each.
- Place open side up in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Cover and steam for 1 hour. Best served soon after steamin.