Recipe by yourmindisaradio
This is a rich and delicious vegetarian dish that I came up with when I realized that cooking rice in cream of coconut is really, really good.
Top Review by CeciliaB
i thought this was good, very easy! although the next time i made this, i would probably add some red curry paste to give it a little kick. i will definately be making this again.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 medium white onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 8 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄4 inches fresh ginger
- 3 ounces peanut and ginger tofu (either premarinated, or marinate your tofu for 10 minutes in 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. melted peanu)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and press or chop the garlic clove, then sautee them in cooking oil for several minutes, until translucent.
- Add the peanut butter and cream of coconut and stir in quickly, coating the onion and garlic, then pour in vegetable broth.
- Add the rice and the slice of ginger, stir, cover, and let simmer until rice has absorbed most all of the liquid.
- Remove ginger slice and add tofu, chopped into small pieces, and uncover the rice mixture.
- Continue to heat while stirring until liquid is absorbed, but being careful not to let the rice lose its moisture--it should be of a very thick, moist consistency.