This is from Kraft. It is made in the microwave so it is simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray large baking sheet or 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Mix sugar and corn syrup in large microwaveable bowl until moistened.
- 3Microwave on high 5 minutes. (Caution: use pot holders, as candy mixture gets very hot!).
- 4Stir in butter and peanuts.
- 5Microwave an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- 6Add baking soda and vanilla (mixture will foam).
- 7Immediately spread mixture as thinly as possible onto prepared baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
- 8Microwave chocolate in 1-cup glass measuring cup on high 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- 9Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- 10Dip half of peanut brittle pieces halfway into chocolate mixture, scraping back of brittle against edge of cup to remove excess chocolate.
- 11Place on sheet of parchment paper.
- 12Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
- 13Makes about 1 1/2 pounds or 16 servings.
- 14Variation: For hot-sweet peanut brittle, stir 1 t hot pepper sauce into candy along with vanilla.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g