Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Kraft. It is made in the microwave so it is simple and delicious.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Spray large baking sheet or 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in large microwaveable bowl until moistened.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes. (Caution: use pot holders, as candy mixture gets very hot!).
- Stir in butter and peanuts.
- Microwave an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Add baking soda and vanilla (mixture will foam).
- Immediately spread mixture as thinly as possible onto prepared baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
- Microwave chocolate in 1-cup glass measuring cup on high 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Dip half of peanut brittle pieces halfway into chocolate mixture, scraping back of brittle against edge of cup to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on sheet of parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
- Makes about 1 1/2 pounds or 16 servings.
- Variation: For hot-sweet peanut brittle, stir 1 t hot pepper sauce into candy along with vanilla.