Recipe by Annacia
Why serve plain iced tea when you can punch it up with healthy, natural flavors like ginger, mint, lemon and peach?
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, this is a terrific iced tea Annacia. So good, really sweet and flavorful. Nice and refreshing, I love that you can taste all the different flavors, the tea, peach, mint and ginger, they blended together beautifully creating something special. Even the dh enjoyed a glass, something totally unheard of before. Made for Culinary Quest - Southern USA - for the Suitcase Gourmets.
- 1 ounce tea leaves (Earl Grey or Darjeeling, about 1/3 cup loose tea or 7 bags)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and smashed (about 2 inches)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 8 sprigs mint
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea, lemon and ginger in a heatproof container and add boiling water. Let tea steep 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place 4 cups of the ice in a pitcher, then pour in tea.
- Blend diced peaches and sugar in a blender until smooth; mix into tea. Serve in glasses over remaining ice and garnish with mint and peach slices.