Why serve plain iced tea when you can punch it up with healthy, natural flavors like ginger, mint, lemon and peach?
- 1 ounce tea leaves (Earl Grey or Darjeeling, about 1/3 cup loose tea or 7 bags)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and smashed (about 2 inches)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 8 sprigs mint
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
- Place tea, lemon and ginger in a heatproof container and add boiling water. Let tea steep 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place 4 cups of the ice in a pitcher, then pour in tea.
- Blend diced peaches and sugar in a blender until smooth; mix into tea. Serve in glasses over remaining ice and garnish with mint and peach slices.