Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Why serve plain iced tea when you can punch it up with healthy, natural flavors like ginger, mint, lemon and peach?
- 1 ounce tea leaves (Earl Grey or Darjeeling, about 1/3 cup loose tea or 7 bags)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and smashed (about 2 inches)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 8 sprigs mint
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and sliced
- Place tea, lemon and ginger in a heatproof container and add boiling water. Let tea steep 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place 4 cups of the ice in a pitcher, then pour in tea.
- Blend diced peaches and sugar in a blender until smooth; mix into tea. Serve in glasses over remaining ice and garnish with mint and peach slices.
Wow, this is a terrific iced tea Annacia. So good, really sweet and flavorful. Nice and refreshing, I love that you can taste all the different flavors, the tea, peach, mint and ginger, they blended together beautifully creating something special. Even the dh enjoyed a glass, something totally unheard of before. Made for Culinary Quest - Southern USA - for the Suitcase Gourmets.
I'm a bugger about NOT diluting my iced drinks with plain ol' ice cubes, so I ended up making two batches of this, one on the first day & one on the second ~ The 1st batch was used to make ice cubes, & the 2nd batch was for drinking WITH those 'ice tea cubes' & I had not only AN OUTSTANDING DRINK but also a recipe that's a real keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]
Despite living in the South, we are not cold tea drinkers. But, we can't get enough of this stuff. Spectacularly delicious. Wonderful mixture of tea, peach, and ginger flavors. Heavenly. i double the batch and made a new batch every single day for about a week. Thanks for posting the recipe!