1/1 Photo of Sweet Peach Pancakes
Different from the other recipes posted in that it contains cornmeal. From B. Jacks - winner of the month in a recipe contest sponsored by Canadian grocery store Metro. Note: I have posted the recipe as written, but I had to add almost 3/4 cup extra flour (I used white for the extra) as the batter was too runny. It may have been because I used medium grind cornmeal (fine grind may have been better) and I didn't let the batter sit. The peaches get nicely grilled which enhances the flavour and you really don't have to peel them - you don't taste the skin at all. Do keep the wedges thin so they lay flat in the pancake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose soft wheat flour
- 3/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (salted butter or margarine is fine too)
- 3 medium peaches, unpeeled and cut into 10 thin wedges each (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- sweetened whipped cream or syrup or fresh mint
- 1Sift together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter in a medium bowl.
- 3Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and whisk just until combined.
- 4Melt a small amount of butter with oil on a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 3 peach wedges for each pancake on griddle; starting at outside edge of peach slices, carefully pour 1/4 cup batter over each group of slices to form a circle.
- 5Cook pancakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook other sides 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking sheet; keep warm in a 300° oven. Repeat procedure with remaining peach slices and batter, adding more butter and oil to griddle as needed.
- 6Note: We tested with White Lily All-Purpose Soft Wheat Flour.
- 7Note: 2 medium peaches, unpeeled and diced, may be substituted. Stir into batter at end of Step 1. Cook pancakes as directed, using 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Peach Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 618.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g