Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm am from Georgia and we do love our peaches! I'll eat this on anything. It has brown sugar so if you are using on the grill, be careful not to burn!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 3 peaches, pitted, cut into medium sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into medium sized cubes
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Add the peaches, ginger, and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, orange juice, sugar, allspice, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by about 1/2 and thickened slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for the seasoning, then transfer the sauce to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
VERY VERY GOOD...I served it over rotini, roasted eggplant, shrimp and grlled chicken...caution: VERY sweet when used with ripe peaches...you may want to consider reducing or eliminating the brown sugar if you don't like super sweat
This really hits the spot! We all loved it....a lot! Didn't make any changes to the recipe at all---why change perfection, right? KEEPER!!!