Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this pea salad-even those that normally wouldn't eat peas. I prefer to use mayo but Miracle Whip is great, too-just sweeter. Easily expanded to feed a crowd. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) canyoung sweet peas (I like LaSueur)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 sweet gherkins, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- Boil eggs and chop.
- Drain peas in colander.
- Chop all veggies.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl-careful not to mash the peas.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hi Mrs Jack, you pea salad is simply fantastic, I love the addition of eggs, I used a red onion and also added in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, I made this a day in advance to blend the flavors, I love this and plan on making it many more times, thank you for sharing!