Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sour cream, dill,and dijon mustard are just a few ingredients which made this peas salad a huge hit in our house. I was looking for something special to serve with Prime Rib, and this is it! I cut some calories by using light dairy products.
- 4 cups blanched peas, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except the peas.
- When smooth and creamy, stir in the peas.
- Season with pepper as desired.
- Chill 2 or 3 hours.
This is almost like a recipe that my grandmother use to make...except for the mustard. I really did like the taste of the horseradish in the dressing. This is a tart flavor, but not intensely so. I used frozen peas instead of fresh peas. I found this salad to be very good, and I would love to make it again. Thanks, Dee, for sharing your recipe, it's a keeper!