Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Thanks again, Rach!
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing on bread
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and rub with the cut sides of the garlic, then brush with olive oil. Bake until the edges of the bread turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander, run cold water over the peas, then drain well.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cooked peas, the 1/4 cup of olive oil, the lemon juice and mint until a coarse paste forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper; add more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Spread the puree over the toasts and top with parmesan shavings.