Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a beautiful bright green soup. Serve it with croutons or save a few whole greenpeas to sprinkle on top. This recipe is from the 'Weekend' magazine.
Top Review by Laura Martin
I loved this soup. The hardest part was peeling the ginger and grating it. You can really taste the ginger but the pea flavor sits just right in there too. Perfect duo. Will definately make again. Very simple for such a good soup. I halved the recipe for a small househole and it was perfect.
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 gallon chicken stock or 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh green peas or 2 1⁄2 lbs frozen green peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion to it.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add flour.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add stock.
- Add cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peas.
- Partially puree the mixture in a blender/food processor.
- Allow the soup to sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- For Vegetarians use Vegetable stock.