Recipe by KathyP53
From Bon Appetit magazine. A quick meal that is special. A great combination of flavors!
Top Review by cmarie214
best lasagna ever!! my brother in law was skeptical about eating this (he's a meat and potatoes man) and he absolutly loved it. i love the no bake noodles, they are super easy and taste the same!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen artichokes, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) containers whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups coarsely grated mozzarella cheese (1 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Mix artichokes, 1/2 cup cream, and basil in medium bowl. Puree remaining 1 cup cream, ricotta, and next 4 ingredients in food processor.
- Spread 1 cup ricotta mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles in single layer over ricotta, breaking noodles as needed to cover. Spread half of artichoke mixture over.
- Spread 2 1/2 cups ricotta over artichokes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over. Repeat with 4 noodles, artichoke mixture, 2 1/2 cups ricotta mixture, and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Top with 4 noodles. Spread remaining ricotta mixture over, then sprinkle remaining 2 cups mozzarella over. Tent with foil and seal edges.
- Bake lasagna 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until bubbling at edges and brown, about 25 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.