Recipe by Bergy
This is as close to dessert as you'll ever see in a veggie side dish. Some folks love it! For me it's too sweet but I posted it because several of my friends think it's the best thing to come along since sliced bread
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together milk, syrup,butter, vanilla and pie spice.
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish and arrange the sweet potatoes over bottom in layers Sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
- Pour milk mixture over the tatters.
- Bake uncovered in 400F oven for 25 minutes, remove pan and stir the potatoes Bake an additional 20 minutes or until the tatters are tender, stir again and let cool slightly before serving.