Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great pastry for tarts. This is a recipe I altered from a tea party cook book. I use it all the time. It's particularly great for a cherry almond pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Mix beaten egg yolks,ice water and vanilla together.
- Mix into flour mixture until pastry just holds together.
- Knead in plastic wrap until smooth.
- Flatten; chill 1 hour.
- To partially blind bake: Set oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake 15 to20 minutes, weighing pastry down with a layer of foil and dried beans.
Wow! This is great. It's so good that I now use this instead of my mom's recipe when baking tarts, and pies - and that's saying a lot. Excellent. Thanks!