Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy to prepare salad that everyone will love!!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerainbow spiral pasta
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or sweetener)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix sauce together.
- Rinse pasta in cold water.
- Transfer to a medium large bowl.
- Add sauce and vegetables.
- Toss and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
This is a WONDERFUL pasta salad!!! All that I had was tri-color bowties, so I used them instead of the rotini. I also peeled and seeded my tomato, and seeded the cucumber also (personal preference). Other than that, the only thing I added was a dash of garlic powder. I am so happy to have found a new, yummy pasta salad!! I also think this would be good with diced green pepper and/or celery added to give it some crunch. Thank you so much for this FABULOUS recipe!! A keeper for sure!:) ~Manda
Everyone in my family loves this one!
I'm wondering if I put in too much sugar, but this salad was sickening sweet... so much so, that I ended up rinsing off the salad so I could try to salvage it with another salad dressing. I did use red wine vinegar instead of white vinegar, and I don't know if that made a difference. But it was way too sweet for my taste!