Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Giada De Laurentis - slightly modified. It is really tasty. If you like the flavors of chocolate and orange - this is for you! I know - it's pasta and seems strange, but really - just try it! You can use less chocolate for a garnish or the full amount for a fuller chocolate flavor. I added the full amount (actually used mini semi-sweet morsels) and served the pasta as a dessert course. I also used a very large orange and added a bit more honey during the heating process.
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 12 ounces linguine, fresh (or fettuccini)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts (chopped and toasted) (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- In a large, heavy skillet heat the cream, zests, honey, and salt over medium heat, being careful not to boil the cream. Stir occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until tender, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and it to the skillet with the cream sauce.
- Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Place the pasta in serving dishes. Shave chocolate directly on top pasta (use a vegetable peeler) and sprinkle with hazelnuts, if desired.
Can't go wrong with Giada's good Italian eats. Made into a dessert I went the extra mile and served in (store-bought) chocolate cups. When the warm pasta hit that cup and began to melt it, it was, as you say, like biting into a chocolate orange, one of my favortite treats. Made for one of my adoptees, Spring PAC 09.
Well, I have to say, this was one of the most unique dinners we have had for a while, but it was very VERY GOOD. I didn't know what to expect at first, but when it was quiet in our eating room, and I still was preparing my plate, and they were screaming dont have the rest, save some more for us, thaT WOULD CONSTITUTE FOR 5 STARS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Did not have the hazelnuts on hand , but the lemon, and orange flavors on this was REALLY tasty, and flavorful. So easy to make, and the results, are amazing, and delicious. Made for PRMR TAG.