Recipe by Debi H
This is a quick and easy salmon recipe for the grill. I found it in the Heart Healthy magazine and it has become our favorite salmon recipe for the grill. You can add more cayenne pepper if you like it spicier - I added 1/4 tsp. and it was great for our tastes and I also used Splenda brown sugar cutting the sugar in half. Putting it here on the 'zaar for safe keeping - I tend to lose recipes that are on bits of paper :-)
Top Review by Paris D
This was GREAT! I found it slightly too 'hot' (spicy hot) for my tastes and will probably cut back on the cayenne a little bit next time, but it was fantastic otherwise. Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 2 salmon fillets, - 4 - 6 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon peel, finely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, lemon peel and cayenne pepper.
- Gently roll fillets in the seasoning to coat.
- Grill fish on lightly greased rack over medium coals 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily. Turn once halfway through.
- If desired, server with lemon wedges.