Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My family enjoys this recipe made with sweet paprika as it isn't hot and it is really creamy. Recipe is from the 2002 Milk Calendar and I make it often. Spanish paprika is sweet which I buy at the bulk food store. I have used canned chopped tomatoes in place of plum.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons flour, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 (350 g) package angel hair pasta (I've also used linguine or fetticine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan, add onion and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan.
- Brown each side.
- Reduce heat to medium; whisk 3 tsp of the flour into the milk and pour into the pan; stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in red or green peppers and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk remaining 1 tsp of flour into sour cream, whisk into tomato mixture and cook for 1 minutes, while stirring.
- Pour over chicken; serve over pasta.
- (Or mix sauce with pasta and serve with chicken.).