Recipe by mrsrexy
My family enjoys this recipe made with sweet paprika as it isn't hot and it is really creamy. Recipe is from the 2002 Milk Calendar and I make it often. Spanish paprika is sweet which I buy at the bulk food store. I have used canned chopped tomatoes in place of plum.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons flour, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 (350 g) package angel hair pasta (I've also used linguine or fetticine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan, add onion and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan.
- Brown each side.
- Reduce heat to medium; whisk 3 tsp of the flour into the milk and pour into the pan; stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in red or green peppers and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk remaining 1 tsp of flour into sour cream, whisk into tomato mixture and cook for 1 minutes, while stirring.
- Pour over chicken; serve over pasta.
- (Or mix sauce with pasta and serve with chicken.).