9 hrs 30 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
When I love something, such as bread pudding, I try to come up with as many variations as possible so I can make it work for any occasion....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 loaves challah, cut into one-inch cubes (I like the chewy texture the crust adds, but you can remove if you wish)
- orange ice cream (Not sorbet)
- 1Butter 10-4 inch round deep ramekins lined in a deep baking dish(s) or 1-10 x 14-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, orange juice, zest, milk, and cream in a large bowl until well combined. Add bread and fold to coat thoroughly. Spoon into the prepared ramekins until almost full.
- 3Cover with foil and set aside in refrigerate over night.
- 4Preheat the oven to 325°F Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place ramekin lined baking pan on center rack still covered with foil. Fold back corner of foil and pour boiling water in bottom of baking pan until it comes half way up sides of ramekins. Carefully fold foil back over and slip rack back into over and close door. Bake for 45 min to 1 hour until firm, remove cover and bake for additional 10 min until tops are golden-brown.
- 5Cool for 20 mins in water bath then transfer to wire rack or serve immediately.
- 6To serve, place warm ramekins on individual plates. Top each with a scoop of Blue Bell's (Texas Brand) Orange Ice Cream and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Orange-Vanilla Bread Pudding W/ Orange Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.4
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 246.6 mg
- Sodium 479.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g