Recipe by Miraklegirl
This is a wonderful refreshing dessert or palate cleanser that I adapted from a recipe found in Pino Luongo's " Simply Tuscan". I serve it in frozen, hollowed out orange halves, garnished with a mint leaf.
- 2 1⁄4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice, & pulp
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the orange juice with 1 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a metal bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Put the bowl in the freezer.
- When the mixture begins to thicken (around 1/2 an hour), whisk in 1 tbls.
- of the remaining sugar and put back in the freezer Repeat the thickening and whisking in sugar steps two more times, until the mixture reaches the consistency of a fine slush.