Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Greek calls it orange peel spoon sweets. I call it candy orange peel and you might call it some thing different. I love to share this recipe because it is so easy to make and it costs almost nothing to make and it is good for your health..
- place salt, sugar and water in a small sauce pan.Stire well and let it sit while you peel the oranges and enjoying eating them.
- wash the orange peel with cold water and cut them into long strips or any way you like it.
- Use very hot water from your kitchen forcet soak the peel for 2 minutes and replet it 2-3 time to remove the bitter tast of the peel. The longer you soak it the peel will taste less better.
- place the peel in the sugar water in the sauce pan.
- place pan on low heat and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Stire occasionally. When sugar starts thickening and peel become tranlucent. remove from heat and put in any jar -- .