Recipe by speeed2001
Greek calls it orange peel spoon sweets. I call it candy orange peel and you might call it some thing different. I love to share this recipe because it is so easy to make and it costs almost nothing to make and it is good for your health..
Directions See How It's Made
- place salt, sugar and water in a small sauce pan.Stire well and let it sit while you peel the oranges and enjoying eating them.
- wash the orange peel with cold water and cut them into long strips or any way you like it.
- Use very hot water from your kitchen forcet soak the peel for 2 minutes and replet it 2-3 time to remove the bitter tast of the peel. The longer you soak it the peel will taste less better.
- place the peel in the sugar water in the sauce pan.
- place pan on low heat and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Stire occasionally. When sugar starts thickening and peel become tranlucent. remove from heat and put in any jar -- .