Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a coupon circular advertising Hood Sour Cream. It's a fairly quick recipe to throw together and the casserole is delicious.
- 2 lbs sliced Red Bliss potatoes, washed, skins on
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup hood sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons hood 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 3 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil.
- Coat a 9" X 13" baking pan with pan spray.
- Cut the red bliss potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Strain well.
- Cool in cold water; drain again.
- Place dry potatoes in bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together the sour cream, scallions, milk and onion soup mix.
- Add to the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Layer in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Note: To reheat, pour 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup of Hood 1% Lowfat Milk over the top.