Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a light, flavorful side dish that would be great with any meal! A friend brought it to a potluck and it was gone before anything else!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 5 slices fresh bread, cut into cubes
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onions and saute 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place onions and bread cubes in large bowl.
- Stir in milk, eggs, 3/4 cup cheese and salt.
- Pour into lightly greased 1 1/2qt souffle or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25minutes or until set.
I used 6 small souffle dishes and it was perfect!
PAC Fall 2007 - We enjoyed this. I had to use cheddar cheese as I didn't have enough parmesan on hand. I would imagine it would be even better tasting than it was so will have to wait until the next time I make this. Thanks for sharing!
I am in heaven! This is a great side dish and an even better take to a party dish. No one will have this unless they are Zaar members. I made this for dinner tonite to go with grilled steaks. Do I need to say it was devoured. DH loves onions and these were fabulous. YUM! Another PAC recipe with major stars!