- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 large onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat and add onions.
- When hot reduce to a simmer and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Simmer 1 hour, adding the 1 T.
- of water if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper, cooking until reduced and thick, around 45 minutes to 1 hour.