Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was found on the net and posted per a recipe request. Original poster is MacKenzie.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped well
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients except vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, simmering for 45 minutes.
- Add vinegar and continue to simmer until reduced to 1 cup, around 1 hour.