Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Beatrice Ojakangas, The Best Casserole Book Ever
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- cracker, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°; coat a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and garlic until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add in Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, rosemary, and Tabasco sauce.
- Transfer to the casserole dish; bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with crackers.