- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 7 -8 cups chopped sweet onions, Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup melted real butter
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rice in 5 cups boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in butter until golden.
- Combine all, mix well, and pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Note: this is an adopted recipe, and I (Julesong) haven't yet made it. I think it could also benefit from a clove of garlic and some chopped green onions and a little Parmesan on top.