1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious and rich side dish, good for the holidays!
My Private Note
two qua ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook rice in 5 cups boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in butter until golden.
- 4Combine all, mix well, and pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- 6Note: this is an adopted recipe, and I (Julesong) haven't yet made it. I think it could also benefit from a clove of garlic and some chopped green onions and a little Parmesan on top.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (1436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1424.7
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 41.1 g
- Cholesterol 181.7 mg
- Sodium 2756.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g