Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Delicious, Buttery & Savory Pie. You can almost eat a whole one by yourself so we double this recipe and make two.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
This was a great addition to our grilled steaks. I assembled this in the morning and popped it into the oven while dh was getting the grill ready.Couldn't have been easier and was enjoyed by everyone including my husband who initially had a problem with onions being in a "pie".
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers (crushed) or 1 (4 ounce) packagetownhouse crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cups of thinly sliced sweet onions (I use Vidalia)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- paprika, sprinkled on top for the topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cracker crumbs and butter and press into a 9" pie pan.
- Place sliced onions into the microwave for 1 or 2 minute.
- Cook onions until clear or translucent and add all the other ingredients.
- Pour filling into the pie crust, & sprinkle the top with paprika and Chives, then bake in a 350° preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set, (slice able).
- This can be served for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
- We like it anytime!