Serve with cream cheese for crackers or bagels or use as a condiment on beef, pork or chicken. Also great on hot dogs, sausages and sandwiches. (I confess, a canner I am not, so I end up storing it in the fridge in lieu of processing it. It has so many uses that it sure doesn't stick around for long. Maybe, someday, I will learn the masterful art of canning.)
- Puree the onion and vinegar together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and crushed pepper and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for five (5) minutes and then stir in the powdered pectin.
- Bring to a hard boil and boil for one (1) minute.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, secure the lids and process for ten (10) minutes in a boiling water bath.