A mind-blowing low fat dish that is quick to prepare and perfect for summer when you hate being in the kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the salmon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces guava paste, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or regular)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets (enough for two)
for the salad
- 1Sauté only one half of the onion in oil over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until they become kind of brown.
- 2Add in everything except the rum, lime and salmon. Stir together, breaking up the guava paste. Once smooth, stir in the rum and lime juice then remove from heat. Allow to cool while cutting up the salad.
- 3Cube the mango, avocado, and onion. Toss with the spices and lime juice.
- 4Take the remaining half of the diced onion and cover top of salmon, placed skin side down in a foil covered pan. Pour the slightly cooled glaze over the top and broil for 8 - 12 minutes depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- 5Split in half and serve on top of the salad. Squeeze half a lemon over top of entire dish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Guava Glazed Salmon on Chipotle Mango Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.6
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 993.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 72.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: