Recipe by Meghan
A mind-blowing low fat dish that is quick to prepare and perfect for summer when you hate being in the kitchen.
for the salmon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces guava paste, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or regular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (enough for two)
for the salad
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 dashes cumin
- 3 dashes dried chipotle powder (or regular)
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté only one half of the onion in oil over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until they become kind of brown.
- Add in everything except the rum, lime and salmon. Stir together, breaking up the guava paste. Once smooth, stir in the rum and lime juice then remove from heat. Allow to cool while cutting up the salad.
- Cube the mango, avocado, and onion. Toss with the spices and lime juice.
- Take the remaining half of the diced onion and cover top of salmon, placed skin side down in a foil covered pan. Pour the slightly cooled glaze over the top and broil for 8 - 12 minutes depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- Split in half and serve on top of the salad. Squeeze half a lemon over top of entire dish.