Recipe by Derf
Yummy!! and easy, wonderful with any meal! from the local newspaper.
Top Review by spaceace
I made a great sandwich with this focaccia... add some slices of smoked turkey breast, mixed field greens and a spicy homemade chipotle mayonnaise and served with an ice-cold homemade lemonade! Couldn't ask for a better picnic maker!
- 453.59 g fresh pizza dough
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 709.77 ml thinly sliced Spanish onions or 709.77 ml walla walla onions or 709.77 ml vidalia onions
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary or 14.79 ml chopped fresh sage
- 2.46 ml coarse salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch and roll pizza dough to a 12 in circle.
- Place on lightly greased pizza pan, or regular pie plate.
- Allow dough to rise in warm, draft free location 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium frypan, heat oil over medium low heat, stir in onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently 15 minutes or until onions are softened and light golden brown.
- Stir in garlic and sugar and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place onion mixture on top of dough, sprinkle with rosemary and salt, if using.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until dough is puffed and golden brown.