Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy!! and easy, wonderful with any meal! from the local newspaper.
Make and share this Sweet Onion Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch and roll pizza dough to a 12 in circle.
- Place on lightly greased pizza pan, or regular pie plate.
- Allow dough to rise in warm, draft free location 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium frypan, heat oil over medium low heat, stir in onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently 15 minutes or until onions are softened and light golden brown.
- Stir in garlic and sugar and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place onion mixture on top of dough, sprinkle with rosemary and salt, if using.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until dough is puffed and golden brown.
I made a great sandwich with this focaccia... add some slices of smoked turkey breast, mixed field greens and a spicy homemade chipotle mayonnaise and served with an ice-cold homemade lemonade! Couldn't ask for a better picnic maker!
My goodness this was tasty! I used 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter to sautee the onions in for a little added richness. I used fresh rosemary from the garden for the herb. This is absolutely sinful! I think I could eat this alone with a nice glass of wine and be perfectly happy with the meal. I cannot wait to try it with sage as well.
Oh my, was this ever fantastic! I used the pizza dough recipe I normally use for homemade pizza, retarding it overnight in the refrigerator. I couldn't decide whether to use rosemary or sage, so decided to do half with each. But the grocery was out of fresh sage, so I went ahead and made it using only rosemary. Loved it, Derf--thanks!!