Recipe by Derf
Yummy!! and easy, wonderful with any meal! from the local newspaper.
Top Review by spaceace
I made a great sandwich with this focaccia... add some slices of smoked turkey breast, mixed field greens and a spicy homemade chipotle mayonnaise and served with an ice-cold homemade lemonade! Couldn't ask for a better picnic maker!
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 cups thinly sliced Spanish onions or 3 cups walla walla onions or 3 cups vidalia onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch and roll pizza dough to a 12 in circle.
- Place on lightly greased pizza pan, or regular pie plate.
- Allow dough to rise in warm, draft free location 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium frypan, heat oil over medium low heat, stir in onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently 15 minutes or until onions are softened and light golden brown.
- Stir in garlic and sugar and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place onion mixture on top of dough, sprinkle with rosemary and salt, if using.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until dough is puffed and golden brown.