This fat free dressing came about when my nephew fell in love with the sweet onion dressing used by Subway on their Chicken Teriyaki sandwich. I found a base recipe on the Internet and then used the base to create what my nephew swears is the 'real deal'.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can roma tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, Finely minced
- 1 jarred fire roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons herb-flavored vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Sauté Onion with spices in a small amount of olive oil spray until tender.
- Put tomatoes, red pepper, and onion mixture in blender, add vinegar and brown sugar. Blend on low speed.
- Store in a clean dressing bottle in the fridge.