1 hr 35 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This makes a wonderful side dish for any cookout, or barbeque, or holiday dinner. It can be prepared one day ahead and refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Add onions and cook until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 30 minutes.
- 3Mix in cheese and cream, then rice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4Turn mixture into a buttered 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika.
- 6Bake at 325ºF until onions are golden, about 1 hour.
- 7NOTE: Dish can be prepared one day ahead.
- 8Cover dish and refrigerate.
- 9Bring to room temperature before baking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Deep Dish
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g