1/1 Photo of Sweet Onion Corn Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Cherry Pi Gal's Note:
This is a comforting, delicious, and flavorful casserole that is great for potlucks. My whole family gets excited when my Mom makes this-- a rare occasion! From Taste of Home 2004 (submitted by Jeanette Travis)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large vidalia onions or 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- 2In a small bowl, combine sour cream, milk, dill, and salt until blended; stir in 1 cup cheese.
- 3Stir into onion mixture; remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a bowl, combine egg, corn, corn bread mix and hot pepper sauce.
- 5Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- 6Spoon onion mixture over top.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 523.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g