Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great sweet corn bread with the added flavor of green onions! Goes great with soup or chili. Combination of 2 great food.com recipes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Oil 9 inch cake round (or pie.).
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Next, Stir together the egg, milk, oil, and green onions with the mix until it is well combined.
- Pour into your oiled round.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes and check with a tooth pick (no crumb pull out.).
- Let cool for at least 5 mins and enjoy!