Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a wondewrful tasting hamburger to make for a family cookout.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 onion rolls or 6 kaiser rolls
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomatoes
- For onions, tear a large piece (36x18-inches) of heavy duty foil.
- Fold in half to make a double thickness of foil (18x18-inches).
- Place onions in the center of the foil.
- Combine the melted butter, mustard and honey; drizzle over onions.
- Bring up two opposite ends of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Then fold the remaining ends to completely enclose the onion mixture.
- leaving space for steam to build.
- Place packet on an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Add patties to grill.
- Grill patties and onions for 5 minutes.
- Turn patties and grill for 8 to 10 minutes more or until no pink remains and the onions are tender.
- To serve: lightly toast hamburger buns or rolls on grill.
- Top with desired condiments, then add lettuce leaf, tomato slice, burger, grilled onions and top bun.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Good burger! My husband loved the sweetness of the onions on top but I would prefer savoury - so its a draw. Thanx Tearanii!