Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
If the bruschetta will spend some time on a platter before being eaten, toast the bread to a darker brown to prevent sogginess.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet onions (Sweet Onions)
- 4 ounces Cacio di Roma cheese, grated using the large holes in a box grater (may substitute pecorino romano)
- 8 slices baguette, 3/4 inch thick, cut on the diagonal
- Bring the Sweet Onions and cheese to room temperature.
- Toast the baguette slices on a preheated panini grill for 1-2 minutes or in a toaster oven until they are lightly browned.
- Spoon and spread about 3 tablespoons of the onions over each of the toasts (the onions should be about as thick as the bread slice).
- Top each toast with 2 tablespoons of the grated Cacio; serve.