Recipe by auntchelle
I haven't tried these yet. They sounded interesting so I am saving this so I will be able to find the recipe again. (Australian measurements)
Top Review by djsw109
I made these and was somewhat unsure because they are sweet but have olives in them. I am a savory person and was really looking for a savory biscuit (cookie) recipe but I was pleasantly surprised with these. They really are lovely. I would have given them a 5 star only for the fact that I prefer savory to sweet. Really good, and different though!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup nicoise olive, pitted
- 1 finely grated lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Sift flours and icing sugar into bowl of food processor. Add butter and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Put mixture in large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, add olive oil, roughly chopped olives and zest. Mix with a flat-bladed knife, then use your hands to work the mixture until it forms a ball.
- Turn mixture onto a lightly floured board, knead into a ball, then divide in half. Roll each piece of dough into a log shape approximately 15-18cm long and 4-5cm in diameter. Wrap in baking paper and freeze for 20-25 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove paper from logs and cut each log into 16-18 slices. Put slices on prepared oven trays. Bake for 15-18 minutes our until lightly golden. Remove from oven and stand on a wire rack to cool.