Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was actually making a "normal" tuna salad when I decided to tweak it a little with a couple things I had lying around the kitchen. And I gotta say, this ones a keeper! So if you love cranberries and nuts, I'd definitely give this version a try. My nuts of choice are cashews but I'm sure walnuts and almonds would work just as great. Serve atop lettuce with tomatoes on oatnut or wheat bread for a healthy and wholesome meal.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (ie Craisins)
- Drain and squeeze tuna to remove all excess water.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and add more seasoning, mayo, nuts, and cranberries to your liking.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so flavors can meld.
Omg! So good, I cant belive that I never thought to put cranberries and cashewes in my tuna. Thanks for sharing!