Recipe by Chilicat
A sweet-savory cereal snack mix. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", and old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Rice Chex
- 1 (12 ounce) package Corn Chex
- 1 (10 ounce) package crunchy sweetened corn and oat cereal
- 1 (12 ounce) can peanuts
- 1 (12 ounce) can mixed nuts
- 1 (9 ounce) packagethin pretzel sticks
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In two large baking pans, combine cereals, nuts and pretzels.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with remaining ingredients; heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture and mix lightly.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250°F for 1 hour, stirring thoroughly every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.