Recipe by alexmack87
This delicious, quick and simple low-calorie meal serves two. recipe easily doubles or triples to serve more.
you will need
- 1 large mango
- 8 -12 ounces salmon (two 4-6oz filets)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Cut mango in to halves (watch for the pit) and peel off the skin. Julienne the mango in to long strips.
- 3. As sizes and amounts will vary, take aprox. 1/4 of the mango strips and place them in to a food processor or blender and puree them until a thick liquid is formed. Set the remaining 3/4 of the mango strips aside.
- 4. Mix together the mango puree, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl to form the sauce for the salmon.
- 5. Place the salmon filets in a shallow baking pan lined with foil. Heavily baste the salmon filets with the sauce, and pour remaining sauce around filets.
- 6. Mix together remaining mango strips, cinnamon, and sugar. Make sure that all mango strips are evenly coated.
- 7. Place mango strips around the salmon filets.
- 8. Sprinkle the filets and mango strips wit hthe crushed red pepper.
- 9. Fold up the sides of foil so that all ingrediants remain touching throughout the baking process.
- 10. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork.
- *larger filets may need longer cooking time.